Advanced Wellness Centre in Richmond VA Offers Neck Pain Relief
It's easy to take your everyday neck function for granted until something goes painfully wrong with it. The inability to turn, tilt, or even rest your head without discomfort can place severe limits on your ability to enjoy life. But you have options beyond undergoing risky surgery, drugging yourself with painkillers or "just living with it." Here at Advanced Wellness Centre in Richmond VA, we can find the underlying cause of your distress and prescribe safe, all-natural remedies to restore comfortable neck function.
A Real Pain in the Neck
The human neck is a complicated machine with multiple working parts, so it's little wonder that neck pain strikes so many people from so many different directions. Your neck pain may be caused by:
- Whiplash - Whiplash results from that sharp, whip-like motion the neck and head experience in a sudden impact (such as an auto accident). The jolt to the cervical spine may produce subluxation and herniated discs, while the hyperextension and hyperflexion of soft tissues may cause strains and sprains.
- Sports injuries - Sports injuries can cause serious neck problems, not only through acute trauma but also in the form of nagging overuse injuries. Old sports injuries can create internal scarring that leaves you in lingering pain.
- Degenerative cervical conditions - Older necks may experience age-related joint problems such as osteoarthritis or stenosis (narrowing of the canal that houses the spinal cord). Bulging discs (which may herniate as their casings undergo extra stress) are often a factor in these conditions.
- Lifestyle issues - Are you sabotaging your neck without even realizing it? Sleeping on the wrong type of pillow for your needs or permitting yourself to maintain poor posture can easily lead to chronic neck strain. One common case in point is "text neck"-- pain and stiffness caused by constantly drooping forward to look at display screens.
Non-Surgical Neck Pain Treatment from Your Chiropractor in Richmond
If drugs and surgery intimidate you, you'll be glad to know that your chiropractor in Richmond can relieve many types of neck pain through conservative care alone. Our neck pain treatment techniques include:
- Chiropractic care - Cervical spinal adjustments can restore normal neck function and help control chronic neck pain by correcting the position of joints and discs.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture makes a great alternative to drugs for its ability to boost production of your body's own painkilling substances.
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy loosens tight, strained muscles, increases circulation, and reduces inflammation of injured neck tissues.
- Physical therapy - Whether you're rehabilitating an injured neck or simply improving your posture, our physical therapy techniques can help you feel better.
Don't let neck pain dominate the rest of your life. Take steps to beat this bothersome problem by calling Advanced Wellness Centre at (804) 673-9355 for an appointment with your chiropractor in Richmond. We're your natural pain relief headquarters!