Aaron Grubb, NSCA-CPTFitness Director
A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University with a B.S. in Exercise Science, Aaron is also a Certified Personal Trainer through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Aaron is a USA Weightlifting Level 1 Sports Performance Coach, as well as Functional Movement Screen (FMS) certified.
Aaron has amassed a 20+ year career in fitness facility management and personal training. Before joining Advanced Wellness Centre Aaron spent 16 years in Corporate Fitness management. He joined AWC in 2016 with a very specific goal in mind. To build a fitness center and department at AWC that could work in conjunction with a wellness center committed to drug-free solutions for optimal health. One of Aaron's specialties is helping clients recover from back injuries as well as dealing with chronic back problems. Aaron also works with clients to improve athletic performance, weight loss, weight gain, strength improvement, and mobility.
In his free time Aaron enjoys being on the water fishing, weightlifting, football, and anything outdoors.
Fitness Advice from Aaron:
1) Efficient movement is the foundation for all things physical.
2) If you want to achieve something you must commit to a process and follow it consistently.
3) If it doesn't challenge you it won't change you.
Aaron's Life Rules:
1) Do at least one thing every day to improve your mind, body and spirit.
2) Sharing your time and knowledge to help others is the greatest gift that one can give.
3) Collect experiences......not things.
4) Years ago, a very special person taught me that happiness is a choice and it must come from within
'I enjoy helping people push outside of their comfort zones and discover what they're truly capable of. To reach success in anything there are mental, physical, and emotional battles that must take place. You can't put a price on having someone help you through that process.'
Adam GiambersioSmart Fitness, CPT
A graduate of Radford University with a B.S. in Exercise, Sport, and Health Education with a concentration in Sports Medicine. Adam is a Certified Personal Trainer through Smart Fitness as well as Functional Movement Screen (FMS) certified. Adam has experience working with all age groups in leading group exercise, 1-on-1 training, and fitness management. Adam enjoys weightlifting, basketball, and keeping up to date with the newest exercise research.
Adam’s Fitness advice:
1) Nothing changes if nothing changes.
2) Fitness is a marathon, not a sprint.
3) There is no ‘quick fix’ to improving your health. Understanding from the beginning that it is a process will enhance your success.
Adam’s life rules:
1) There is always more to learn. Never stop growing mentally and physically.
2) Do something instead of killing time, because time is killing you.