Back pain is a common problem in Richmond. Adults of all ages in our community suffer from back pain. If you have this problem, knowing the causes of back pain and the treatment options can help you determine the best way to manage your condition.
Causes of Back Pain and Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain and lower back pain.
- Incorrect lifting and twisting techniques. Lifting heavy objects incorrectly can cause strain on the muscles and ligaments in the back, neck and extremities. This can lead to subluxations and other injuries, like herniated disc.
- Poor ergonomics. Poor ergonomics can contribute to strain on the joints in the back. Over time, poor ergonomics can damage the discs between the back, leading to chronic pain.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc is a common condition that occurs when the spongy disc between the vertebrae of the spine ruptures from the hard casing that encloses it. A herniated disc can cause tingling, numbness, severe pain and other problems.
- Active lifestyle. People who lead an active lifestyle can easily damage their back and cause strain to the other muscles of the body, leading to pain and discomfort.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can put pressure on the vertebrae, leading to subluxations and back pain.
- Subluxations. A subluxation occurs when the vertebrae become misaligned and put pressure on the spinal cord. When a subluxation occurs, realigning the vertebrae becomes necessary.
All Natural Treatment of Back Pain and Lower Back Pain in Richmond
At Advanced Wellness Centre, we use spinal adjustment to treat back pain in Richmond. Spinal adjustment is a method of realigning the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spine, eliminate subluxations and relieve patient pain. Spinal adjustment also helps the central nervous system to function properly, which can help the body heal itself after an injury occurs. In addition, we use a variety of all natural, gentle techniques to help patients manage and avoid pain.
- Nutrition counseling. We offer nutrition counseling services for patients to help them keep their bodies healthy and avoid unnecessary weight gain. By helping patients control their weight, our nutrition counseling services can reduce the pressure on the joints of the body, leading to less pain overall.
- Lifestyle advice. Our lifestyle advice helps patients make healthy choices that can prevent accidents and injuries.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy improves circulation in the body and speeds the healing process.
- Fitness. Proper fitness is important for helping the body to stay healthy. We give training advice and teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help strengthen the muscles and improve coordination, so patients can avoid injuries.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Richmond VA
At Advanced Wellness Centre in Richmond, we're committed to restoring your body to health and comfort. Our back pain treatments can help relieve your back pain now and prevent back pain the future. To make an appointment for all natural, gentle chiropractic care, contact Advanced Wellness Centre in Richmond today at (804) 673-9355.