At Advanced Wellness Centre, we provide comprehensive natural treatment for back pain, including spinal decompression. Learn how this healing modality relieves your back pain without medication and when our chiropractor in Richmond VA may recommend spinal decompression.
What is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a natural alternative to invasive back surgery and one that uses chiropractic adjustments and decompression therapy to release pressure off of the nervous system.
Due to time and the natural aging process, your spine becomes compressed. Bad ergonomics at work or poor posture can exacerbate spinal compression, as can degenerative spinal conditions. Once the pressure has been released from the nervous system, it can be maintained with chiropractic adjustments and decompression tune-ups.
How Does Our Chiropractor Perform Spinal Decompression?
Decompression therapy gently mobilizes the segments of the spine, relieving compressed nerves. During therapy, the computer is set to address your specific condition, whether chronic or acute. Decompression therapy is pain-free and can bring relief within a short period of time.
As the therapy gently mobilizes the spine, it draws nutrient rich circulation to the discs. This nutrient rich fluid rehydrates and nourishes your spine and can actually reverse chronic pain and degeneration within discs.
To support your full recovery, we may make lifestyle suggestions in addition to performing spinal decompression. When you incorporate our suggestions you'll look and feel better every day.
When Do We Recommend Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression works well with many causes of lower back pain, including:
- Herniated or Slipped Disc - By recreating length in the spine, spinal decompression allows a herniated or slipped disc to naturally reverse.
- Pinched Nerve - Pain from a pinched nerve can be alleviated when decompression shifts the spine away from the irritated nerve. Once the spine is realigned, we can soothe the nerve using chiropractic and physiotherapies.
- Spinal Stenosis - Narrowing of the spinal canal, which commonly occurs with age, causes pain and numbness in the extremities. While there is no cure for spinal stenosis, spinal decompression can increase mobility and reduce symptoms, so you feel better.
- Degenerative Disc Syndrome - Since spinal decompression nourishes the discs with healing spinal fluid, it can reverse some cases of degenerative disc syndrome.
- Facet Syndrome - Pain in between the joints in your back could be facet syndrome. By opening up space between the discs, our chiropractor can relieve symptoms and help you feel better.
- Sciatica - Pain in the lower back that also radiates down the legs or hips could be sciatica or inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Sciatica often co-occurs with another condition, such as a slipped disc or pulled muscle. By treating the spinal misalignment, we can relieve sciatica as well as the underlying cause.
If you are suffering from back pain, why not schedule a consultation with our chiropractor in Richmond? Get an evaluation, learn how we can help, and find out whether you are a good candidate for spinal decompression. Reserve your consultation online or call us today at (804) 673-9355.